Malaysia Medicinal Plant – Misai Kucing Herbal Tea
Malaysia Medicinal Plant – Misai Kucing or Misai Kuching (Orthosiphon stamineus) is a medicinal herb found mainly throughout South East Asia and tropical Australia. The plant is a herbaceous shrub, with a unique flower. The flowers have fine filaments that resembles cat’s whiskers- hence its Malay name, Misai Kuching. Its other names are Kumis Kucing and Java Tea. Misai Kucing Herbal Tea (Orthosiphon Stamineus) has been used for many centuries in Southeast Asia countries especially in Malaysia. It is valued for the treatment of oilments of the bladder and kidney.
Stimulating, cleansing and protecting the kidney
As a preventive and palliative solution for that, misai kucing tea has high medical value to strengthen and improve the kidney in long term. It can eliminate heat, dampness, kidney stones as well as acts as a natural diuretic and detoxifier to inhibit chronic renal failure. Accredited to the unique efficacy in alleviating and preventing kidney and renal diseases, misai kucing tea has attracted worldwide attention. In developed countries of late fifties, misai kucing tea was already used in the treatment of urinary tract stones, gallstones, arthritis, gout, edema and renal dysfunction in patients and shown good results.
Malaysia Misai Kuching herbal Tea Recommended for:
- Patients with abnormal urination.
- Disease caused by renal insufficiency.
- Long-term maintenance of healthy kidney, liver and lung.
- Patients suffering from kidney stone, bladder stone, urinary stone or ureteral stone.
- Increasing renal blood flow as well as normal adrenal hormones and restoring kidney. Suitable for diabetics.
- Patients with inflamed urinary organ such as poor urinary tract or suffering from urinary tract infections, urinary tract inflammation and cystitis.
- Patients suffering from acute and chronic nephritis, prostatitis, cystitis, urinary tract infections, hair loss, gout, renal edema, uremia to cleanse as well as nourish kidney and promote removal of toxins.
Reference and information from University Science Malaysia finding on Misai Kucing herbal extract for the treatment of cancer…
PENANG Oct.21 — A group of researchers from Universiti Sains Malaysia here succeeded in producing standardized “Misai Kucing” (Orthosiphon Stamineus) herbal extract for the treatment of cancer.
The group from the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and headed by lecturer, Dr. Amin Malik Shah Abdul Majid, found that Misai Kucing (literally meaning, Cat’s Whiskers), has high anti-oxidant content that could prevent and control the growth of cancer cells.
Dr. Amin said, the Misai Kucing extract named “Canssufive” was tested on animals and found to retard blood vessel development, thus preventing the cancel cells from spreading to tissues and other organs.